Welcome back Ziglets for another episode of the Zigbits Network Design Podcast, where Zigabytes are faster than Gigabytes. As always our goal is to provide you with real world context around technology. I’m Michael Zsiga, also known as Zig, and I am your host.
Cisco Live Depression…Cisco Live Blues!
What are the Cisco Live Blues???
I’m on Video! (00:02:28)
- It seems that I’ve made my video debut at Cisco Live US 2017.
#CLUS Social Media Overview Video (00:04:31)
I was in the right place at the right time to be given a chance to do this Social Media Overview Video Commercial for the folks at the Social Hub. The topic of this commercial was focused around the Social impact that Cisco Live has on this community, how it brings this community together meeting people face to face, and really embracing each other because of it.
Engineering Death Match (00:06:11)
- What is the Engineering Death Match
- Where can you find The Engineering Deathmatch
- What was each episode about
- Monday’s topic was Routing & Switching design
- Wednesday’s topic was Data Center design
- I will post on social media when the two episodes are published
The Network Collective (00:09:09)
- What is The Network Collective?
- Where can you find The Network Collective?
- The episode’s topic was around the future of the Network Architect and Network Engineer roles in the Enterprise space.
- I will post on social media when the episode is published
- First version “Zig”… I always have to be different, a special snowflake with rainbows, glitter, and unicorns
- Second version… without “Zig” 🙁
- We Didn’t have as much time as we did last year because we had taken a trip to Georgia right before.
- I prefer arriving a couple of days earlier, which is what I did last year, verse arriving on Sunday like this year. The timezone change really messed with my internal clock.
- Our hotel for this trip was The Luxor. It was a Good place and I’m glad I stayed here once but I probably won’t come back again.
My CCIE Family (00:16:21)
- Steven, Kyle, and I were able to come back again this year
- We had a new addition, Jason
- Steven, Kyle, and I brought our wives
- We made some lasting traditions this year
Cisco Champion (00:17:46)
- Front row seats for the Keynotes!
I’m a CCIE / CCDE (00:18:55)
- That moment of Getting the CCDE ribbon for the first time 🙂
- They had the tattoo station again this year and I didn’t find time to do it. 🙁
CCDE Study Group (00:20:26)
- We were supposed to have a breakfast one day, it turned out just being Russ White and myself, which is always a great time.
- I met Jeremy Filliben finally and he is a really great guy! You can find all of his CCDE Content including Boot Camps, Self Paced Training, & Scenarios here.
CCIE Party (00:21:46)
CLUS17 CCIE Party > CLUS16 CCIE Party!! The Bar has been set properly this year. Wall of Donuts! #WallOfDonuts Enough Said!
Customer Appreciation Event (00:23:07)
- Bruno Mars
- Great Seats! Front Row Seats!
- Got early access badges for helping out the Social Team
Meeting People (00:26:07)
Met a lot of friends from previous years, made a lot of new friends, and put more faces to twitter handles than ever before.
Super Hero!! Its Super Zig! (00:29:31)
Overall summary (00:33:50)
- Network Intuitive
- New Cat 9K
Hosted By: Michael “Zig” Zsiga
Hey Ziglets that’s going to close out this episode of the Zigbits Network Design Podcast (ZNDP) on Cisco Live US 2017 – Recap, Thanks for listening! Be sure to visit zigbits.tech to join the conversation and access the show notes. If you liked today’s episode, if it inspired you, resonated something within you, or provided a level of real world context let us know. You can find us on Twitter and LinkedIn by searching for Zigbits. You can also send us an email to Feedback@zigbits.tech.
Don’t forget to join us in two weeks for another episode, where we will continue to provide real world context around technology.